The Performance Audit of the Agricultural Debt Waiver and Debt Relief Scheme (ADWDRS), 2008 is being undertaken by the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG). The following major observations were made with regard to implementation of the Scheme :
- Ineligible accounts of farmers extended benefits under the Scheme. The audit has noted that to provide benefit to ineligible farmers, instances of tampering and over-writing, inadequate documentation, etc. had taken place.
- Benefit was only extendable to farmers directly but in some cases loans extended to MFIs were claimed and disbursed.
- Less/Excess benefit extended to eligible accounts.
- Reimbursement of inadmissible charges to banks.
- Non-issuance of Debt Waiver and Debt Relief Certificates.
- Outcome relating to fresh loans not monitored.
In view of the above, the Government of India has desired that immediate corrective measures be taken by all the banks since the specific cases scrutinized by CAG and their observations thereon are already available with the banks.4. Please acknowledge the receipt to the Regional Office concerned.
To view the full notification please follow the link