During the Exit Conference held with Officers of CAG on December 7, 2012, the following major observations were made with regard to implementation of the Scheme :
- Ineligible accounts of farmers extended benefits under the Scheme. The audit has noted that to provide benefit to ineligible farmers, instances of tampering and over-writing, inadequate documentation, etc. had taken place.
- Benefit was only extendable to farmers directly but in some cases loans extended to MFIs were claimed and disbursed.
- Less/Excess benefit extended to eligible accounts.
- Reimbursement of inadmissible charges to banks.
2. In view of the above, the Government of India has desired that immediate corrective measures be taken by all the concerned Institutions. Details of specific cases scrutinized by CAG and their observations thereon are already available with Banks.